Training and matches will resume from 29th March 2021
After another period of lockdown over the new year we are pleased to announce that in line with Government and FA guidelines we will be returning to training and matches from 29th March. Please see full details below on the regulations that MUST be followed when returning to the club.
We understand that everyones situation, opinion and position during this unprecedented time is different and we continue to stand by and support everyones decision about if and when they want to return. Welfare and wellbeing is our number one priority as a club. Protecting our players and easing them back into training and matches with their physical and mental wellbeing in mind will be essential. We are ready to welcome players back into the world of football and allow them to learn to love the game again, regain fitness levels in a safe and gradual way and get them back involved and excited about football.
We continue to work closely with the FA and Government updates and will make adequate changes along the way as the COVID situation continues to evolve. Please continue to return to the site and stay in contact with coaches and managers to get regular updates.
To help stop the spread of coronavirus you MUST scan the relevant QR code when entering one of our sites.
WTFC COVID OFFICER
As a legal requirement we now have a designated member of the committee to deal with any COVID related issues. Clive Lodge has been elected for this role and any COVID related matters need to be directed to Clive immediately, always send messages to Clive titled 'COVID ISSUE' so it can be seen clearly as a priority.
TRAINING UPDATE & REGULATIONS
1. Training will resume from 29th March at Beauchamps School. We will aim to resume training at Bartlett Park in May.
2. All training days and times remain the same as last year.
3. Only 1 parent/spectator is allowed per player at both training and matches (under exceptional circumstances where siblings do not have alternative childcare they can attend but they must remain with the parent at all times).
4. The parent responsible for the player will be the main first aid giver for their child. Coaches are only able to intervene in first aid when wearing full PPE.
5. You must sign into each venue every time using the QR code displayed.
6. Players will not be partaking in end of game hand shakes or group gatherings for trophy giving.
7. Changing rooms will be closed and won't be available for use.
8. Social distancing must still be maintained as before with no parents/spectators allowed in the pitch cages unless called upon for first aid reasons.
9. Face coverings are not mandatory but can be used at your own discretion.
More details on Training Page