TRAINING & RISK ASSESSMENT
Following an extensive risk assessment it has been agreed that Wickford Town Football Club Training will commence from Saturday 4th July.
However, no player or coach will be judged or disadvantaged should they choose to opt out of training at this time and everyones choice is respected.
The full risk assessment can be accessed below and includes a detailed description of how training will be provided in a safe way following Government and FA guidelines. It also sets out your responsibilities and guidance that must be followed to ensure the safety of everyone.
A copy of the risk assessment MUST be signed by an adult before returning to training. An electronic signature will also be accepted.
Please also find below a summary of how training will commence.
Training Place and Time
1. All training will take place at Bartlett Park.
2. Youth football will train on Saturday mornings or Wednesdays evenings. Please contact your team manager for your allocated training time.
3. Adult football will train on Tuesday evenings.
4. Every team will be given a 1 hour training slot to include change over time. Training will be approximately 30-40 minutes within this slot. Please arrive and leave promptly to avoid overlap with others.
5. Enter the field from the patio and leave via the grass drop down area.
Training Set Up
1. Teams will be grouped in pods of a max of 5 players and will stay in those pods for all training sessions where possible.
2. There will be a coach or adult with each group whilst maintaining social distancing.
3. There will be NO contact training or game related practices.
4. Equipment will be limited to balls and cones and the Goalkeeper will wear their own gloves.
5. A parent/carer will need to remain on site for the whole training session and will be responsible for the child during the training.
Health, Safety & Hygiene
1. Everyone is responsible for their own hygiene whilst on site and we would encourage you to bring your own sanitiser and use how you see fit. Please ensure you wash your hands before and after attending training.
2. Anyone with any symptoms of illness covid related or not must NOT attend training and you will be asked to leave if you show obvious symptoms of illness in any way.
3. Parents MUST respect social distancing when watching and within the car park area.
4. First aid can only be advised from a distance and it is the parents responsibility to comfort and help a child where needed.
5. The same equipment is used only for each team and will be sanitised by coaches in between sessions.
6. The clubhouse toilets will be closed until further noticed.